Strata, the University of Ottawa Graduate Students’ History Review
Welcome to Strata, the official journal of the graduate students of the University of Ottawa’s Department of History.
Strata is a bilingual, peer-reviewed, graduate student-run journal supported by the University of Ottawa’s Department of History and the GSAED. It provides a forum for open debate among graduate-level historians and fosters the development of professional skills through the publishing process. Strata encourages historical discussions and debates on various historical topics in both French and English.
Strata’s team invites you to submit an article or a book review for our upcoming issue. Articles may discuss all historical periods, all geographical areas, and all themes if the methodological and conceptual approaches are clearly articulated at the outset. Book reviews must concern works published after 2013.
All articles submitted to Strata must be original, unpublished scholarly works authored by students at the MA or PhD level. Submissions will be evaluated by a senior scientific committee and will then be reviewed by the editorial board. Authors are asked to send their submissions by email to email@example.com, along with an abstract (maximum 150 words) and a short autobiography (maximum 75 words). An email confirming receipt of your submission will be sent within a week.
The submission deadline for the upcoming issue is Friday, May 26, 2017.
Guidelines to submit a contribution:
- Articles must be between 6000 and 8000 words and book reviews must be between 750 and 1000 words. Books reviews must concern works published in the past three years
- MS Word must be used
- The text must be double-spaced, in Times New Roman, size 12 and paginated
- French submissions should follow the new orthography
- The heading must contain the author’s full name, their university affiliation and the level of study
- Any photos, maps, or other graphs must be a minimum of 300 dpi JPEG or PNG. If required, reproduction permission must be obtained from the copyright holder
- Footnotes and bibliography must follow the University of Ottawa’s Department of History guidelines.
We look forward to working with you,
Editor-in-chief of Strata